Super Bowl Cupcakes

As many of you know, today was Super Bowl Sunday! I have never been a huge football fan but have always loved the Super Bowl for its commercials, excitement and food. Christian is a huge Panthers fan, so this year was particularly exciting for us. In lieu of all this, I decided to cook up some festive cupcakes for the big day.

Those of you who know me know that I don't always feel particularly comfortable in the kitchen. I wouldn't call myself a bad cook, just a cook in training :)Typically I would have used a box cake mix and called it a day, but instead I chose to do some research and make my own cupcakes from scratch. Overall I was very happy with how they turned out! About halfway through filling my cupcake pans I ran out of cupcake batter and ended up using a mix for the rest. I know, I know. Old habits die hard. I chose to go with a homemade electric blue cream cheese icing and to top them off I garnished with a few pearl candies. Below I have included the link to the Food Network vanilla cupcake recipe that I used, as well as my recipe for homemade cream cheese icing (super easy, y'all).

Vanilla Cupcakes 






Cream Cheese Icing

  • 1 packet of cream cheese
  • Roughly 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • Desired Amount of Vanilla Extract
  • Food Coloring (if desired)
Using a mixer or hand mixer blend powdered sugar into cream cheese. I would reccomend doing this 1/2 cup at a time and adding until you feel that the icing is sweet enough, as this can be subjective. Add vanilla and food coloring.

Told you it was easy.







No comments